Features and Benefits of The HYDMECH S-20A Band Saw
All HYDMECH band saws are developed using the latest design and engineering technologies, only high quality parts and components are used. The machine base is designed and produced with electro-welded steel components for maximum rigidity and support; the leveling bolts are located at corners of the machine. The S-20A features a 13″H x 18″W capacity at 90°, 3 HP motor, and 1″ blade, the S-20A is a versatile, automatic scissor style band saw ideal for use in tight working spaces.
The operator manual switches and PLC control are conveniently located in the console. Components and wiring are neatly laid out and labeled for easy troubleshooting. The selector switches and buttons allow the operator to manually control all machine functions including emergency stops. The PLC 100 or optional PLC 500 controller controls the Automatic cycle. The operator enters job information through the PLC interface keypad. The information required will be desired part length and quantity of pieces. Up to 99 different jobs can be entered into the PLC memory, and can be called up and performed at any time. Also, a job queue function allows up to 5 jobs to be picked from the memory, and run consecutively. In Manual mode – the PLC displays blade speed, feed rate and length system readout.
- Easy swing, heavy duty cast iron saw head
- Cast iron shuttle features automatic multi-indexing up to 27” in a single stroke. Powered by ball screw and stepper motor.
- 5 HP VFD. True direct blade drive – no belts/pulleys
- On-demand hydraulics save energy
- Blade chamber separates material from cut part
- Cast iron band wheels
- Automatic PLC, touch screen control programmable up to 100 jobs with 20 in queue
- Replaceable blade brush
- Robust steel base
- Easy to read angle scale with angle locking mechanism
- Cast iron guide arms mounted on linear rails is adjustable for proper spacing.
- Easy access electrical panel
- Out of stock switch
- Mechanical band tensioning with digital readout
- Hydraulic positive down feed
- Replaceable carbide guide inserts
- Safety door interlocks
- Flood coolant with wash down hose
- Laser light
- Work light
- Full capacity hydraulic overhead bundling
- Remote operator console
- Mist lubrication
- Variable vise pressure
- Idler conveyors
- Powered conveyors