Features and Benefits of The HYDMECH V-18APC Band Saw
The V-18APC is an automatic vertical band saw with the ability to miter from 45° left to 45° right. It comes with Hyd-mech’s DDF System (dual down feed system) which controls both feed rate and feed force parameters to achieve optimum cutting results while extending blade life. This feature allows the operator to run the machine unattended and removes the potential of the blade catching on the material as the head retracts.
The V-18APC is extremely efficient and quick, with a high speed shuttle feed indexing up to 40″ in a single movement, this band saw gets the job done. Among the many value added benefits the V-18APC contains a hydraulic activated mechanical head brake, linear bearings on bar feed, high speed PLC encoder that monitors head angular position, a two piece design and a halogen work lamp. The 2 HP driven hydraulic pump supplies system pressure through 3-position directional valves controlling all vising, head swing, head advance/retract, blade tension, guide arm, and shuttle movement.
V-18APC can be built with a left or right side in feed at no additional charge.
- Automatic programmable mitering with “go to” angle functionality from 45° left to 45° right
- Two full stroking hydraulic vises and third squaring vise
- Automatic multi-indexing up to 40” in a single stroke.
- Hydraulically powered idler side guide arm
- Automatic PLC control programmable up to 99 jobs with 5 in queue.
- Drag chain chip conveyor
- Hydraulic overhead bundling
- 5 HP VFD. True direct blade drive – no belts/pulleys
- Hydraulic positive down feed
- Blade chamber separates material from cut part
- Out of stock switch
- Cast iron band wheels
- Replaceable blade brush
- Robust steel base
- Easy access electrical panel and hydraulics
- Blade breakage switch
- You choose left or right side infeed
- Hydraulic band tensioning with digital readout
- Replaceable carbide guide inserts
- 2 HP hydraulic pump provides system pressure
- Safety door interlocks
- Flood coolant with wash down hose
- Laser light
- Work light
- Fixed 6° canted head
- Chip bucket
- Hydraulic overhead bundling for out feed vise
- Mist lubrication
- Pop-up lift roller
- Variable vise pressure
- Tall square vise inserts
- Hydraulic chip conveyor
- Idler conveyors
- Powered conveyors